Best Men's Watches 2020
Men's wristwatch is that special piece of versatile masculine jewellery that can be used in daily life, at work, when doing sports or when going out to enjoy with friends and family. This watch is a manly element that looks great on the wearer's wrist and that when combined properly will improve the look of any outfit.
The man of today must be aware of all the tips, advantages, disadvantages and the best alternatives on how to choose and where to buy the best watch, because it is the accessory that will define his personality and status in the eyes of others.
Breitling Colt Complete Set Watch Men
499.00£ 0 bids | 06d
Longines Lungomare Mens Chronograph Watch / Date Stainless Steel Bracelet Boxed
350.00£ 0 bids | 01h
Montblanc Meisterstuck 7016 Stainless Steel Black Leather Automatic Men's Watch
650.00£ 0 bids | 02d
Characteristics of the right wristwatch
To complete his style, a man chooses to buy a wristwatch. Hence our ultimate purchasing guide where we offer a detailed explanation on what characteristics this accessory must include.
- Style variety: There is a wide range of types of watches. Among them, mechanic watches are the most common and traditional. Another model is the quartz, an electronic device that contains a piece of quartz, which generates the impulses at recurrent intervals to measure time and does not need a battery. You can also purchase automatic watches from outlet stores, which wind a mainspring thanks to a rotor that turns on a pivot, resulting in self-winding and no need for battery.
- Clock hands or digital: The way to tell time can be either by classic clock hands or by numeric digits. Digital watches are the most sought after, for their practicality, quick reading and modern style. They are usually the favourites among new generations. A clock hand watch on the other hand, offers elegance and authenticity.
- Wide range of designs: The appearance and choice of watch will be defined by the preferences and style of the user. Individual taste and preferences will determine the shape, but also, it will greatly influence the use that is going to be given to it.
- Sports watches will be used when training or exercising. On the other hand, if it is needed for work, business meetings or cocktails, the right choice will be a watch that has an elegant, modern and luxurious design. A casual model is a watch that may be used in any other setting and that provides that youthful look many want.
- Material resistance: In addition to comparing prices, it is very important that the materials used are very resistant and of quality, in order to prevent damage. The watch strap must be made in some hard metal such as stainless steel, leather or a sturdy plastic, so that weather changes and constant rubbing by use do not damage it. The glass over the case must also have high quality standards so that it does not scratch easily, which could blur your view when you check the time.
Tips for buying the ideal watch
Before investing money in the purchase of the ideal watch, the most important thing to do is to choose a functional one that will adapt to preferences and needs. That's why you should pay attention to the following tips:
- It is advisable to have into account opinions and search online stores such as eBay and Amazon for all the models, functions, brands and materials used in production. This will tip the balance for the one that best suits the man’s style and needs.
- Also, it is advisable to choose a watch with traditional, classic or youthful attributes, avoiding extravagant ones so that when worn, it looks good and matches both work clothes and regular outfits.
- Watches must be proportional to wrist size. If the user is shorter than 180 cm, the appropriate dimension of the watch will be approximately between 40 and 44 millimetres wide. Otherwise, if he is taller, the wristwatch may be proportionally larger.
- All alternatives on the market should be studied in order to find the best prices. If you are looking for affordable watches, Swiss brands are the most expensive. Therefore, it will be preferable to pay attention to those brands coming from other countries such as Japan, which also offer quality but at a less expensive price.
- You should avoid brands at very high prices for offering the embedding of precious stones or metals in the watch, which are not too valuable. In fact, labour is what you pay for when buying a watch and not for the gold, the diamonds or the material used to make it.
- One piece of advice that never fails is for the man himself to choose the watch he will use for the next few years. This way, he can prove that he trusts his instincts and that he has chosen the piece of jewellery according to his personality and fondness.
What should be known about the wristwatch?
- In order to put all the different functions to good use, it is necessary to read the instruction manual thoroughly.
- Choose a watch that is shock resistant and that offers guaranteed durability.
- The watch should be practical, classic and easy to use, being able to tell time just by raising your hand.
- Many prefer water resistant watches. These can be used when showering, diving in a swimming-pool or during a rainy day.
- The best wristwatches are those designed to fulfil a great variety of functions apart from telling time, that is, they are multifunctional. Many watches have a chronometer, an alarm, screen lighting and / or a calendar, among other functions.
The most acclaimed brands in watch manufacturing
There is a wide variety of brands on the market that sell watches made of different materials, to suit all tastes and that adapt to the needs of today's men. These are the main brands:
It is one of the most famous brands for offering very resistant watches. Over the years, it has gained the client’s preference. Their products can be subjected to different hardness conditions and they continue to work unbothered. Casio has adapted to new times by including modern functions and elements in new models.
New Casio Ef550rbsp - 1av Stainless Steel Red Bull Edition Men's Chrono Watch Uk
Casio Aw-591-2aer G-shock Men's Sports Watch
31.00£ 22 bids | 14m
Casio Futurist Gents Watch 1922 A220
51.00£ 15 bids | 16m
Casio Dw-5600bbn-1er Mens G-shock Watch
55.00£ 100.0 €
Casio Men's Edifice Watch Ef-539d-1avef - Used But Very Good Condition
43.50£ 3 bids | 01h
Its watches have that American trait that draws men’s attention. The quality of its products is supported by the fact that they are elaborated with an exclusive brand design. Fossil has watches for men of pop and vintage style, which have precise mechanisms and will always give the exact time.
Fossil Men’s Machine Chronograph Watch. Black. Fs4552 Boxed With Manual
36.00£ 24 bids | 30m
Fossil Men's Analogue Chronograph Quartz Watch
38.00£ 23 bids | 02d
Ladies Fossil Stella Gold Pvd Bracelet Watch Bnib Rrp £139.00
39.99£ 0 bids | 23h
Ladies Fossil Watch New
45.00£ 0 bids | 22h
Brand New Fossil Watch Mens
30.00£ 0 bids | 02h
Fossil Q Machine Hybrid Men’s Smart Watch, Ftw1166
37.00£ 9 bids | 01d
It is a relatively new brand, but it manufactures watches with excellent quality materials and a variety of designs for men. Its creations have a sober exclusivity that adds more class to men’s watches.
Invicta Pro Diver 8926ob Automatic Watch Black Dial Stainless Steel Boxed
58.00£ 14 bids | 23h
Invicta Mens Watch Pro Diver Model 6981
46.00£ 6 bids | 02d
Invicta Mens Watch
40.00£ 0 bids | 18h
Genuine Invicta Subaqua Noma Iii Watch Model No. 15144 Wr 500m
75.00£ 0 bids | 14h