Best Brush Cutter for 2020
Our best recommendation to cut weeds, grass or shrubs is to acquire a brushcutter, since unlike a lawnmower, this is a tool capable of reaching more specific places. Therefore, all gardening enthusiasts or farm workers should have one, particularly the one that best suits their specific needs.
This is why we put forward this definitive guide to buying a custom brushcutter that will meet the most demanding pruning requirements. But first, we must know what types of brushcutters are available on the market and their advantages.
52cc Multi Function 5 In 1 Garden Tool - Brush Cutter, Grass Trimmer, Chainsaw,
52cc 5 In 1 Hedge Trimmer Multi Tool Petrol Strimmer Brushcutter Garden Chainsaw
How are brushcutters classified?
Classification according to vegetation
Nature offers great variety of plants, vegetation, weeds, etc. For this reason, there is also a wide range of brushcutters designed to cut specific types of plants. This will bring great comfort to the pulling, cutting and pruning of roots or whole plants. We can classify them according to:
- Grass cutting.
- Bramble pruning.
- Small shrubs pruning.
- Mountain clearing.
Classification according to transmission
The responsibility for comfort while using the brushcutter falls upon the transmission, as well as the length of life quality. We can find two types of transmissions:
- Rigid: As the name implies, it is made of stronger materials. Many of these brushcutters have a two-part design that allows adding accessories or other types of heads, like for example to cut hedgerows or chainsaws. In addition, this model is more comfortable to carry and more lasting.
- Flexible: They are more of a compact type. The quality of their transmissions is more flexible and materials used are more superficial. Their lifespan is shorter but they are perfect for specific tasks, what can expand their durability.
Classification according to motor
On the other hand, brushcutters also have motor prototypes for those out on the market. This feature is very important, since it is the main accessory that will bring the brushcutter power and effectiveness.
- Electric motor: We recommend it for more specific tasks such as cutting bushes, shape the appearance of your lawn or trim the grass a little to make it shorter. It needs electricity in order to work, as well as a connecting cable. For this reason, we do not recommend this brushcutter if the garden is too big.
- Two-stroke petrol engine: This is the most used model and the one we recommend the most, as it can be used to cut whatever plant easily. In addition, running on petrol, it can operate with greater freedom than electric motor brushcutters, which need to be connected to an electrical outlet. It is also called two-stroke engine because it has a single tank for petrol and oil together.
- Four-stroke gasoline engine: Like the previous model, it is ideal for cutting any type of plant. The difference being the two tanks it has, one used for oil and one for petrol. This feature makes it more effective, as it lasts longer, but it is also the most comfortable and quietest to work with.
How to choose the best brushcutter?
We believe that there are other equally important aspects of the brushcutter that must be studied before choosing one, especially when they offer multifunctionality. It is not only important to OK the engine, but also to pay attention to the following accessories:
A simple handlebar is lighter than the rest. This is a great advantage when it comes to performing jobs that normally require more attention, such as shaping the edge of small gardens. They are excellent for rigid brushcutters. There are also double handlebars. The main reasons to use them are:
- They are more comfortable and resilient.
- They adapt to the required position.
- They are perfect for working on uneven terrain.
Know the different types available in order to assess which one is the most suitable depending on the use in mind:
- Double harness: It is very light and includes an adjustable strap, perfect to hold a little more equipped brushcutters.
- Professional harness: It has a strap and a belt, distributing the weight for greater comfort while working. However, we do not recommend it for brushcutters with additional accessories.
- Shoulder strap harness: We recommend it for electric motor brushcutters since these are usually not so heavy.
Where to buy the perfect brushcutter?
Finally, in order to find the ideal model for us, we must pay attention to the characteristics of the store. It is important to get the best prices and deals available on the market, but also to make sure that the store is reliable. For instance, you can get a nice catalogue from eBay or Amazon that will show you the different types of brushcutters, being these either new or used. You will also find a great variety of machines in other stores near you such as Argos or John Lewis.
What will really make a difference is the brushcutter brand. There are many of them on the market, but the most famous are:
- Stihl Husqvarna
We believe that it is important to understand that brushcutters are a long-term investment, so if you consider all points put forward here, it is possible to choose and buy a machine that will allow you to perform any task you wish, with the added guarantee that it will do so for a long time.
Stihl Brush Cutter Attachment
29.00£ 10 bids | 01d
Stihl Fs 410 Petrol Strimmer Brush Cutter Fs 410 Av Electronic
200.00£ 0 bids | 02d
Stihl Fs450c Brush Cutter Strimmer Grass Trimmer 2010
200.00£ 0 bids | 03d
Stihl Fs360 Ergo Start Strimmer/brush Cutter - Running Condition
26.00£ 4 bids | 05d
Stihl Fs 85 Straight Shaft Strimmer / Brushcutter
40.00£ 1 bids | 02d